Security & Privacy
GeoDubai's online portal protects the rights of all visitors to the site and is committed to maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive information. This declaration of security and privacy is hereby given to highlight our approach to these matters in collecting and disseminating information on this site.
Visitors to GeoDubai are required to provide limited identification information such as name, job designation, company address, e-mail address and phone numbers. This information is collected normally in case of one of the following services are requested:
- Register for certain service areas in the portal
- Inquire for further information
- Request online electronic service
- Distribute requested materials or information, or
- Request Geospatial consultancy or studies.
It is GeoDubai's policy to limit the information collected to only the minimum information required to complete a visitor's request. In instances when non-mandatory information is sought, the visitor will be notified of this at the point of collection.
Site Visit Log
A site visit log is collected when a user browses or download data from this site. For this log, the site automatically collects information about your visit including the user's identification and stores it for statistical purposes only. The data logged is not collected for commercial or marketing purposes, and GeoDubai does not sell, exchange or distribute the collected data for any commercial purposes.
GeoDubai Portal uses "track files" (cookies) to track certain content. Using cookies is a common practice in web sites. Most Internet browsers can be setup to refuse track files, or to accept or delete these files. However, denying or deleting track files may cause the pages that need these track files to crash completely.
Protection of Personal Information
Personal information collected will only be available to authorized government officials who assess visitor requests and grant the services or information requested, and will not be publicly available to other site users.
User identification data will not be shared, sold, or transferred to a third party without his prior consent. Some parts of the site are accessible only to registered members. Other users who wish to request services will be prompted to enter personal identification information prior to accessing these parts. Users must make sure that the information they enter is complete and accurate, and no attempt to register or to enter the site using someone else's name.
Third Party Links
Visitor Information Security
GeoDubai website applies appropriate security measures to protect information from loss, misuse or alteration. These procedures cover commercial software and secured technical infrastructure for monitoring network traffic, allow registered users' access, and identify illegal attempts to upload information, change it or cause any other damage. All GeoDubai employees follow a comprehensive security policy that ensures GIS staff are committed to protect the confidentiality of customer information.
Terms & Conditions
Internet Terms and Conditions:
Accessing the site and using GeoDubai portal services is governed by user terms and conditions termed “User Terms" that the user must carefully read and confirm reading acknowledgement before using the Web site. By clicking on the "Accept" button, the site visitor acknowledges that he has read and agreed to abide by the User Terms. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not access the portal.
GeoDubai Portal Terms and Conditions:
- The “User's Terms" apply regardless of how accessing the site is done. Eligible Government institutions, individuals and companies are required to register prior to using the portal to request accessing GeoDubai services. Subject to eligibility status of the visitor, the GIS Center reserves the right to grant or deny portal access.
- Registered users are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their username and password, and users are held fully responsible for any liability arising from all activities that occur under their username.
- Although GeoDubai aims to provide secured and uninterruptable access to the portal, but due to factors beyond our control, continuous and uninterrupted access to the portal could not be guaranteed. Therefore, no liability for any interruption, delay, or malfunction of the portal or electronic services provided through it, can be borne by GeoDubai.
- The support office of the GISC of Dubai Municipality provides necessary assistance during the official working hours of the Center. However, the Support Office does not warrant giving solution or proposal to the user in all cases. The GIS support office can be contacted by sending an email to email@example.com Phone calls to the helpdesk are not toll free.
- The GISC is not responsible for the content / information provided by other web sites listed as links in this web site.
- The conditions and terms imposed on accessing GeoDubai portal apply to all uses by the user. The GIS Center has the right, if it has a reason to believe that the user has violated these conditions and terms, to suspend or terminate user privileges to access to the portal.
- GeoDubai portal is a GIS Center property, and is protected by copyright in the United Arab Emirates. The GIS Center is, therefore, the exclusive owner and licensor of all copyrights, trademarks, service marks and any other intellectual property rights in GeoDubai Portal.
- The user is responsible for the content of any material distributed by him through GeoDubai Web Portal, and shall be liable for all claims arising from his use of GeoDubai Web Portal.
- Registered companies having access to GeoDubai portal may terminate their access privileges at any time. GIS Center may also immediately terminate, suspend or restrict the access to GeoDubai portal if the user's terms and conditions are violated.
- GeoDubai Portal Users Terms and Conditions are governed and interpreted in accordance with UAE laws. Any disputes arising out of or arising from these terms and conditions must be referred to arbitration in Dubai before an arbitrator chosen by mutual agreement.
In order to use GeoDubai portal, you must log in via the GeoDubai website. You can access the site anywhere in the world. The current User Terms apply to you regardless of how you access the site.
- We are currently providing third party Internet access services. Although we will take all appropriate steps to provide you with access to the GeoDubai portal in a fast and reliable manner, to ensure the security, integrity and confidentiality of your information, and to ensure that you use GeoDubai on the web, but interference in the operation of the electronic GeoDubai portal may occur due to factors beyond our control. Therefore, we do not guarantee uninterrupted and error-free access to the GeoDubai portal .We hold no liabilities for any interruption, delay or malfunction in the portal. If you need any help using the GeoDubai Web site, please call 042064500 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org assistance.
- There is no fee for this assistance, except for regular telephone charges based on your local call center bills. However, we reserve the right to charge in the future and you will be notified in advance of support if such charges are prescribed.
- You can obtain support desk services during the working hours of the GIS Center. Upon receiving support, no guarantee could be given for the effectiveness and suitability of any special solution or result proposed by the support office.
Links to other sites on the Internet
- The GeoDubai Web Portal may contain links to third party sites that are not within our control.
- We provide such links only for facilitating your experience, and we do not endorse or assume responsibility for the contents of any site linked to our site.
You agree to refrain from:
- Knowingly providing or downloading files containing software, materials, data or other information that you do not own or have not licensed.
- Use GeoDubai Web Portal in any way to send commercial e-mail or any misuse of the GeoDubai Web site.
- Provide or download files on GeoDubai Web Portal that you know they contain viruses or corrupted data.
- Publish, post, distribute or circulate material or information that constitutes defamation, violation of laws, pornographic material preaching public morals, or any other material or information that violates the laws through GeoDubai Portal.
- Participate through GeoDubai portal in illegal or illegitimate activities either in Dubai and/or within the region where you reside.
- Use any means, program or procedure to intercept or attempt to interfere with the appropriate operation of the GeoDubai Portal.
- Take any action that imposes an inappropriate burden or a huge impact on the infrastructure of the GeoDubai Portal.
The privacy of the users of the GeoDubai Web site
We recognize the importance of maintaining the privacy of personal data and business data we receive that relate to your business.
You agree to access and use the Site only for lawful purposes. You are solely responsible for the knowledge of and adherence to all laws, statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to your use of the Site. By accessing the Site, you agree that you will not:
- Use the Site to commit a criminal offense or to encourage others to engage in any conduct, which would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability.
- Post or transmit any discriminatory, libelous, harassing, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, or otherwise unlawful content.
- Use the Site to impersonate other parties or entities.
- Use the Site to upload any content that contains a software virus, "Trojan Horse" or any other computer code, files, or programs that may alter, damage, or interrupt the functionality of the Site or the hardware or software of any other person who accesses the Site.
- Upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any materials that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under a contractual relationship.
- Alter, damage, or delete any content posted on the site.
- Disrupt the normal flow of communication in any way.
- Claim a relationship with or represent any business, association, or other organization with which you are not authorized to claim such a relationship or represent.
- Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation.
- Post any material that infringes upon or violates the intellectual property rights of another, collect, or store personal information about others.
GeoDubai has set forth the following terms and conditions for visiting the website, which comply with the laws and regulations of the United Arab Emirates. The public administration reserves the right to apply the law in its entirety to protect its infrastructure and information when a person violates these conditions and laws. The Dubai Courts shall have sole jurisdiction in considering any dispute in connection therewith.
Amendment of the Convention
Dubai eGovernment maintains the right to modify these Terms and Conditions of Use and may do so by posting notice of such modifications on this page. Any modification is effective immediately upon posting, unless otherwise stated. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of any modification signifies your acceptance of such modification. You should periodically visit this page to review the current 'Terms and Conditions of Use'.
Certain portions of the Site are limited to registered users and/or allow a user to request support or services online by entering personal information. You agree that any information provided to us in these areas will be complete and accurate, that you will not register under the name of, nor attempt to enter the Site under the name of, another person, and that you will not adopt a user name that Dubai Municipality eGovernment, in its sole discretion, deems offensive.
Termination of Use
The right of access of registered companies to the use of the GeoDubai web site may be terminated by the companies that are using the site or by us at any time through the options available on the GeoDubai portal. We may immediately terminate, suspend or restrict the access to the GeoDubai Electronic Portal if there is:
User's violation of user terms and user failure - if the violation is treatable - in processing the violation will be processed within 14 days, starting with the day we give the notice in.
Limitations of Liability
We are not responsible for any delay or non-fulfillment of your request in the GeoDubai Web Portal, which may arise out of causes beyond our control or control of the Service Providers such as frequent user violation to the user's terms and conditions or incidents that are beyond our control or the control of the infrastructure service providers. All of which prevents us from continuing to provide services through the GeoDubai's portal.
Free of Liability
Some pages contain links that are outside the scope of the GeoDubai website, thus it does not have control on any of the contents of these links and is not responsible for them.